Biggest Issue with D - Definition and Versioning

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 05:21:46 PST 2012

On 20 January 2012 14:47, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:

> Manu:
>
> > I am quite sad that a lot of the
> > broken things in there now are un-fixable.
>
> If you want to write a short list of such broken things... :-)
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Renaming receiveOnly() to receive() is a trivial example. I have
encountered others which I can't recall off the top of my head of a
similarly trivial nature that would really enhance the intuitive
application of libraries.
I wonder if libraries become 'std' too soon? They should go through some
incubation process for a year or something, or some minimum number of
successful usages within real applications before they become 'std'...?

virtual-by-default is my single biggest gripe in the entire language, which
has perfectly workable, I'd argue better&more well defined solutions, but
would be a breaking change, and will never be considered. (No, I'm not
trying to open this topic again)