binding tool for C libs

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Sat Jan 21 07:24:13 PST 2012

Hello!

We have a need to bind smaller to medium-size C library and would like
to provide more D-ish or higher-level bindings than just wrapper over C
code.

E.g. the C function looks like:

int swe_calc_ut ( double tjd_ut, int ipl, int iflag, double* xx, char* serr)

and we would like to e.g. use exception to handle errors instead of
checking return value and fill 'char* serr' or store the result of
6-field 'double* xx' array in some data structure etc.

Afaics, htod is more suitable for just wrapping C code, so I wonder if
there is something else you can recommend besides SWIG?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The working senses are superior to dull matter; mind is higher
than the senses; intelligence is still higher than the mind;