Message-Passing

Kiith-Sa 42 at theanswer.com
Sat Jan 21 11:32:45 PST 2012

Erlang being uncommon doesn't mean it doesn't have awesome
features.
Java (or COBOL :p) are common, that doesn't mean we should copy
them
just to make it easier for Java users to move to D.

OT, but this always pisses me off:

I use Vim. On Linux. Vim not being an IDE doesn't mean it doesn't
have autocompletion, or pretty much any common IDE feature (or...
many that no IDE in existence has, for that matter). You just have
to build your own environment with plugins. I understand most
people
might not want to spend time to do that, but there are quite
a few that do - and I wouldn't use anything else now, hobby or
job.

(BTW, I originally used NetBeans, Eclipse, Code::Blocks on
Windows - I know VS is significantly better, but nothing can tear
me off
the pure productivity of my buttonless screen displaying 10 files
at once)

Oh, and don't use Vi for development (I don't know anyone who
does,
anyway - for basic text editing when there's nothing else, yes,
but for development?).

That said, there's no intelligent autocompletion for D in Vim
(there is for C/C++, Java, Python...).
I for one would like to have it. But this is not responsibility of
DMD devs - DMD will never turn into Clang.

I hope if anyone works on a project like this, they do it as a
library
so not only VisualD or DDT or whatever will benefit.