[OT] destroy all software (was Programming language WATs)

Chad J chadjoan at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 15:12:17 PST 2012

On 01/21/2012 05:13 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Chad J"<chadjoan at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com>  wrote in message
> news:jffcaj$2bug$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>
>> So college wasn't all that bad to me.  They still need to change the
>> funding model here in the states though.  That shit is broken as fuck.
>
> What are you talking about? It works great as long as your family's not
> middle-class, or if you're female, or if you're not caucasian...And that's
> ok for middle-class white males, since we apperently get everything we could
> ever desire handed to us on a silver platter just for being white males...I
> mean, show of hands, how many of the white males here got their "Set for
> life, because you're a white male" care package? See. Everybody.

Whoops.  My bad.  Totally got that, uh, "care package".  Yep.  Right
here next to me.

My big gripe though is that somehow high school is considered good
enough to be funded by the state, but the college only gets some token
funding from the government and is ran as a for-profit enterprise.  I
think there was a time when college was elective because you didn't need
skills to make a nice life for yourself, instead of now where it's only
elective if you can acquire skills without it.  I don't think it is
elective for a large percentage of the population, rather it is
requisite most of the time, but I think this is why it should be state
funded instead of "pay for it yourself because you HAVE TO".  It's an
awful double-standard.