[OT] destroy all software (was Programming language WATs)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Jan 21 17:35:26 PST 2012

"Era Scarecrow" <rtcvb32 at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.667.1327188939.16222.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...

> I have refused to go to college if I can't pay for it upfront
>and easily, which was impossible. Right now I have an
>option to go leaving me without a debt. There's courses I
>want to take to get me further into programming, yet the
>options are either difficult to impossible based on location,
>or what I really want isn't a specific offered course, without
>a lot of extra bloat to it likely.
>
> Now I'm wondering what I should take. Should I even
>bother getting a CS degree? Or does someone think
>another option would be better?

As much as I bitch about school, it really is all up to you.

FWIW, My own personal recommendation would be to find out what books the
courses use, get ahold of them or something similar, and just go through the
books yourself. Because believe it or not, that's *all* that most classes
amount to anyway. They're usually just taught right out of the book, so
ultimately you're paying thousands of dollars just for a mere book
recommendation and some exams (which are *really* more for the school's sake
than for the student. The student *already* knows whether or not they
learned anything, and what they are/aren't clear on, so exams are just a
matter of accounting.)