Do we need Win95/98/Me support?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Jan 22 13:02:12 PST 2012

On 1/22/2012 12:57 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Alex Rønne Petersen"<xtzgzorex at gmail.com>  wrote in message
> news:jfhppl$121g$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>
>> I see absolutely no reason to support an OS that Microsoft does not
>> support anymore,
>
> I don't think that's a good reason, since XP is still extremely relevent
> despite MS having pulled support. However...

MS still officially supports XP. Just a couple days ago, I got an automated
update on it from them. I think MS's latest schedule is to officially abandon it
in 2014.

I think we ought to support things as long as MS officially does. After that,
I'm game at abandoning official support, if for no other reason than not being
able to develop/debug/test on those platforms.