Do we need Win95/98/Me support?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jan 27 13:52:14 PST 2012

On Friday, January 27, 2012 20:46:17 Kagamin wrote:
> On Monday, 23 January 2012 at 00:24:39 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > So, I really think that we should say that we don't support
> > pre-Win2K, and I'd like to say that we don't support pre-XP,
> > but I don't think that it hurts us any to say that we support
> > Win2K.
>
> An example of system requirements for a .net application:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb964665

So, Win2K+, which is probably what we'll be doing. It should be noted,
however, that that's a .NET 2.0 application, and they're up to at least 4 now,
so I don't know how that affects things. In general though, as I understand it,
there's very few API calls which are XP-specific. Win2K and Vista are where the
biggest changes are. So, if you're supporting XP, you probably might as well
support Win2K.

- Jonathan M Davis