Tutorial on D ranges now on reddit

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jan 27 19:10:21 PST 2012

On Saturday, January 28, 2012 04:05:53 deadalnix wrote:
> Le 28/01/2012 03:08, Andrei Alexandrescu a écrit :
> > Just posted it:
> > http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/ozzgn/tutorial_on_d_ranges/
> >
> > Andrei
>
> In this tutorial, save is not a property. I see a lot of code where it is.
>
> I do think that save shouldn't be a property, but it would be very
> interesting if a clear guideline was written on that point.

No guide needed. It must be a property, or it won't compile with -property.
The fact that properties haven't been being enforced is what's making it so
that people are mistakenly not making save a property. As soon as -property
becomes the normal compiler behavior, anything that has save as a function
rather than a property won't compile.

- Jonathan M Davis