Dlang.org needs a "Getting Started" page

Xinok xinok at live.com
Tue Jan 31 08:55:38 PST 2012

On 1/31/2012 10:45 AM, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> Well, this is how Wiki4D[1] is set up. Actually that is basically all it
> is. I think you list is way to long for a single page. Improvements are
> welcome, it is maintained by anyone willing to look at it, including
> DigitalMars.
>
> 1. http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FrontPage

The problem is that newcomers shouldn't have to hunt for this
information. While that link could suffice, it's simply unprofessional
to force them to jump between websites to find the information they
need. There needs to be an obvious place, a single well-structured page
on the official website with everything they need to know to get started.