dmd2

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Tue Jan 31 11:00:36 PST 2012

Am 31.01.2012, 14:05 Uhr, schrieb Kapps <Kapps at notvalidemail.com>:

> Google gives you location-specific results. On a side note, I think
> duckduckgo is actually a fair bit nicer for this kind of stuff, as it
> gives you hints as to what the different things that D means is. Like,
> letter, language, grade, etc, and adjust search for which you select.
>
> I get DPL and Wikipedia on D for the top two results of Google with a
> browser I've never used Google with. But it's still returning location
> specific results too and it probably has nothing location specific for D
> here.

I am fairly impressed by the results for 'D'. It's just right to ask the
user what he/she meant exactly and not print a list of 10000000 results
for everything with D in the text. In that sense it is much like the
disambiguation on Wikipedia (probably inspired by that?).

What puzzles me is how they generate the one line description. It's not a
copy from Wikipedia as far as I can tell. Do they have little monkeys that
write descriptions for everything on the planet?