Intermediate arrays

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Jul 7 12:44:29 PDT 2012

On Saturday, July 07, 2012 21:39:43 bearophile wrote:
> Jonathan M Davis:
> > It sounds to me like you want std.container.Array with a custom
> > allocator
> > which uses the stack.
>
> My most presents two related requests. I don't think
> std.container.Array can implement the second one, that requires a
> change in the D language.
>
> Regarding the first suggestion, is std.container.Array able to
> give me a run-time assert error when I go past the memory
> allocated on the stack?

Custom allocators haven't been implemented and added to std.container yet. I
don't know what they will and won't be able to do. A stack allocator was
present in a previous proposal, so I would expect there to be one in the final
implementation, but I don't know any details about how it will work.

- Jonathan M Davis