Congratulations to the D Team!

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 19:55:32 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 11 July 2012 at 02:33:53 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> -snip-
>
> So, with that, we can have const work wonderfully without
> requiring it, even
> if it does take a bit of work to get around it with classes.
> So, what am I
> missing here? Why doesn't this work? Or has Walter just not
> properly
> considered this option?
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

This is exactly the kind of balance I am hoping we can implement.
I think Hara Kenji suggested something very similar at one point,
but it had some kind of problem with it. It would be awesome if
Kenji could provide some insight on that. I think his proposal is
somewhere on Github, I'll have a look.