All right, all right! Interim decision regarding qualified Object methods

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Jul 12 04:57:52 PDT 2012

Tobias Pankrath:

> Why not drop that requirement? What is the use case of
> different function pointers for different but equivalent
> functions? Does anyone depend on this?

It's a requirement that comes from C specs, and I don't know why
C was designed that way, as usual I am not expert enough. I
prefer to not change the semantics of D over C unless there is an
important reason, especially when I don't know/understand the
rationale of the original C design :-)

Bye,
bearophile