D versionning

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Jul 16 00:16:27 PDT 2012

On 2012-07-16 03:06, Adam Wilson wrote:

> I would like to state that I am all for waiting onr Win64; it's a huge
> project and trying to do this change in the middle of it would be the
> height of stupidity. However, directly after Win64 goes live I move that
> we make the dual branch model the default going forward as it solves too
> many long-standing community complaints to reasonably dismiss.

I see no reason why COFF/Win64 would need to affect the current release
(ok it already has, I know). Walter don't need to push his changes
upstream. He can either keep them locally or in his own forks (I assume
he uses forks).

When the work is finished he can push a new branch upstream and let
people try that for a while. Then we can merge that branch when we feel
it's stable enough.

--
/Jacob Carlborg