Why is std.algorithm so complicated to use?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jul 16 01:19:17 PDT 2012

On Monday, July 16, 2012 10:08:11 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> Just _because_ of how "remove" works in std.algorithm and "erase" in
> C++, I though "sort" behaved similar.

Well, it does in that it sorts in place and returns the result, but the result
and the original are more in line with one another then they are with remove,
since they're both sorted rather than having their lengths differ like they do
with remove (though the result of sort is usually a different type from the
original range, unlike with remove). But I don't dispute that the
documentation needs improvement. It probably does. I haven't read through much
of it recently, and in many cases, I probably already fully understand it
anyway, so I'm not a good judge of how good it is.

- Jonathan M Davis