Just where has this language gone wrong?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Mon Jul 23 19:00:24 PDT 2012

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:24:19 +0200
Paulo Pinto <pjmlp at progtools.org> wrote:

> Am 22.07.2012 00:16, schrieb Nick Sabalausky:
> > On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 23:14:12 +0200
> > "Stuart"<stugol at gmx.com>  wrote:
> >> Let me just add, I really *like* the terse syntax of D. Lambdas,
> >> uniform function call syntax, and so on.
> >>

> > Yea. I used Java in college and ever since then I've been a fan of
> > non-verbose systax - ie syntax that's the *opposite* of Java ;)
> >

> Actually that verbose sintax

"verbose sintax"...Was that deliberate spelling or a very coincidental
accident?

> is quite helpful when dealing with
> gigantic code bases in big corporation projects like where I work.
>
> The type of "programmer clogs" we have in our projects are so low
> skill, that I have bad dreams what they could do in more powerfull
> languages.
>
> Already C# is highly advanced for some of them!

Actually, that may be a good reason NOT to use a training-wheels
language like Java - one they finally do *that* much damage, maybe
they'll finally get the boot ;) Mwa ha ha ha ha!

> What I hate in Java is the abuse of annotations to avoid introducing
> new keyworks, like @overload.

Heh, sounds vaguely similar to another language I've heard of...Hmm,
what was it called...? Not C...Something after that... ;)

I never actually stuck around in Java long enough to see the annotation
stuff (though I've heard about it). I think 1.3 or 1.4 was about when I
fled.