[OT] Good^H^H^H^HAcceptable NG/email client?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed Jul 25 00:27:30 PDT 2012

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 08:44:03 +0200
Gour <gour at atmarama.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 00:12:23 -0400
> Nick Sabalausky <SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone know of a NG/email client, available on Win (preferably cross
> > platform - I do want to switch to Lin eventually) that isn't shit?
>
> I use Claws-mail for many years with (g)vim as external editor and it
> works great.
>
> Using
>
> gvim "+set ft=mail" -f %s
>
> line to configure external text editor in Preferences.
>
> Vim completely annihilates your points 1) & 2).

Thanks for the tip (I didn't know you could set up an external editor
for Claws), although...ummm...how to put this without reigniting the
age-old editor wars...Let's just say I'm not really much of a vi kinda
guy ;)

I guess I could find a different external editor, but it would be
nice to have a more "proper" (well, "traditional" or "mainstream" I
guess) email editing window, with the to/cc/bcc lines, subject line,
attachments, address book, etc.