I just have to say that string mixins rock

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Jul 26 11:47:11 PDT 2012

On Thursday, July 26, 2012 19:52:53 Paulo Pinto wrote:
> What prevents me to use D besides toy projects is the lack of libraries.
> Due to my time constraints I must use off the shelf libraries.

Yeah. That's a big problem, which is part of why Walter and Andrei have tried
to push Deimos. But it's also a problem that should go away over time, even if
it's happening frustratingly slowly at this point.

However, I _was_ pleasantly surprised the other day when I figured out the
other day that someone had already created a D parser for YAML (
https://github.com/kiith-sa/D-YAML ). I needefd one and was expecting to have
to write it (which I was actually kind of looking forward to, since I love
parsers, but it's nice to have it without having to do all of the work to get
it - especially when I'm already short on time). So, there are at least _some_
libraries written in D which are floating around, just nowhere near enough.

- Jonathan M Davis