Impressed

Stuart stugol at gmx.com
Thu Jul 26 19:05:48 PDT 2012

On Friday, 27 July 2012 at 01:25:45 UTC, F i L wrote:

> I know many are attached at the hip to Visual Studios, but I
> recommend MonoDevelop + Mono-D plugin for D programming. It's
> very nice, with the exception of a few bug, it offers is
> *similar* experience to Visual Studios C#/VB. Plus it's cross
> platform, if/when you take your projects to other platforms it
> helps a lot to use a consistent tool.

I've had a lot of bad experience with other IDEs. Eclipse, for
example, and D-IDE. I don't know about you guys, but I couldn't
get either of those environments to even compile my code, let
alone provide any kind of intellisense or debugging facilities.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I dunno. Is MonoDevelop good? Does it
do intellisense? Does it have a decent debugger?

Incidentally, none of that answered my original question, which
is "why does VisualD crash?"

The only other thing I don't like about VisualD is that the
intellisense kinda blows. It's very hit-and-miss. Why is this?