Impressed

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Jul 27 12:18:20 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 09:09:25PM +0200, Stuart wrote:
> On Friday, 27 July 2012 at 19:03:34 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> >
> >Regardless, with where D is right now, there's no way that such a
> >feature would be added the language itself any time soon.
>
> What do you mean? Where *is* D at right now? Has development
> stopped? Is there a massive feature backlog?

Development is far from stopped, which is the problem: we're trying to
stabilize the language, and adding more language-level features will
only delay an already overdue stable language version.

Nevertheless, D has gotten to the point where it's powerful enough that
most feature requests can be implemented in a library rather than as a
language extension. There's been a trend of moving away from core
language changes and implementing desired features in libraries (esp.
Phobos) instead.

That's not a bug; that's a feature!