Impressed

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Jul 28 10:58:41 PDT 2012

Philippe Sigaud:

> Do you happen to still have the code, by any chance? I think
> Phobos
> could use a std.fsm

The code is not general enough for Phobos.

Kagamin:

> I heard, gcc optimizer can tear functions into common pieces
> and them reassemble the functions back from these pieces, or
> simply inline them, won't you get the same result?

Sometimes those FSM are the only part of those small C or D
programs where I don't trust the optimizers. But thankfully in
C-GCC using a little of __builtin_expect() it's not necessary to
generate the assembly directly from the FSM description.

Bye,
beaophile