Incomprehensible compiler errors

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Tue Jul 31 18:12:36 PDT 2012

On 08/01/2012 02:44 AM, Stuart wrote:
> On Tuesday, 31 July 2012 at 19:07:52 UTC, q66 wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 31 July 2012 at 17:16:56 UTC, Stuart wrote:
>>> Oh, now, that's going too far. Do you think I'm some kind of
>>> programming newbie? A college student, perhaps? I have a BSc in
>>> Software Engineering, and I've been coding for 16 years. So let's
>>> have less of the condescension, hmm?
>>
>> errr I meant this :)
>
> If I don't point out that I know something, I'm ignorant.
> And when I do, I'm a showoff. I can't win.

- Why would it be interesting to talk about whether someone 'knows
   something' or not? This is d.D.

- Why is it important whether or not some random guy on
   the internet thinks some statements are ignorant?

- Besides, the statement does not even make sense. Who would respond to
   something that was not posted?

> Maybe I should just give up on this "friendly and helpful community"
> I've heard so much about.

Why? It is friendly and helpful. Even more so if it is treated as such.