wxD bindings

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:49:37 PDT 2012

On 6/7/12, Gour <gour at atmarama.net> wrote:
> Will it be usable for C libs as well?

I'll see about that. I'm not sure if doxygen works on C libraries, if
it does then it's doable. Since now I support POD types there's
nothing from stopping the generator to work on C libraries.

gccxml works for C++ libraries *or* as a special case C libraries
which can be parsed by a C++ compiler (which means there's a strict
set of rules where it might not work). The real issue with gccxml is
that it's a set of patches that modifies the g++ front-end but not the
GCC front-end. I'm not yet familiar with what the patches do but I'd
like to get to know my way around hacking gccxml at a later point.

And for clang I'll have to write a front-end that loads clanglib and
writes .xml files so I can read them in.

I don't want the generator to be hardcoded to any type of compiler
front-end (unlike bcdgen or some other generators out there).

> Do you envision that your generator could be used for something like Qt
> as well? (Personally, I'm more inclined to wxWidgets due to its native
> look, but D is really starving with stable & maintained GUI bindings.)

Qt is quite sophisticated, so I'm not too sure. One issue I'll have to
address is macros. There's already a QtD generator (it ships with QtD)
but it's written in C++. Still, there could be something to learn from
that codebase.