Rational numbers in D

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sat Jun 9 10:55:14 PDT 2012

On 09/06/12 06:44, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> AFAIK, dsimcha has never proposed that it be added to the review queue or
> Phobos. I, for one, didn't know he was working on anything of the sort.
> Presumably, if he has the time to work on it and thinks that it's worth adding
> to Phobos, he'll submit it for review eventually, but I have no idea what his
> plans are.

OK, I'll have a direct word with him and see if I can help out at all.

> Regardless of how desirable a particular feature or module might be,  unless
> someone steps up to the plate and champions it, it's never going to make it
> into Phobos. And even with the stuff that _does_ get so championed, there's
> rarely any real ETA on when it makes it into Phobos. It all depends on how
> the review process goes and how quickly it gets submitted for inclusion after
> having been voted in.

What do you think of the idea of a "priority wish list" of functionality for D
and/or Phobos?  Do you think it would be a useful way to guide contributors to
where they might be useful?  (I would view the priorities as being set by the
core dev team but with some input from community.)