"static" UFCS

Gor Gyolchanyan gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 04:30:09 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
> On 2012-06-14 12:25, Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
>>
>> Yes, that does look bad. How about this?
>>
>> void fooBar(T : Foo)(int x) { }
>

> I don't like that it's a template function, there's really no reason. It
> seems to just be a limitation in the syntax.
>
> --
> /Jacob Carlborg

It doesn't matter whether a function is a template or not. The only
thing that matters is the number of instances it produces. A template
function, which produces only one instance is equivalent to a
non-template function. The function above can produce only one
instance (unless overloaded).

--
Bye,
Gor Gyolchanyan.