Raw binary(to work without OS) in D

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 07:40:37 PDT 2012

On 22-Jun-12 18:17, Mehrdad wrote:
> You're not being helpful.

While I usually try to help people where I can do so
I didn't intend to _help_ you with this post in any capacity.
Aside from
 >Just replace all of symbols with abort stubs. Then implement the ones
 >you happen to actually need.
but you are (probably) way ahead of this advice.

>> I mean it's nothing magical, all of these things are present in say MS
>> C compiler and people do these things with it just _fine_.
>
> Uh, no. D puts extra crap in the binary.

Like what? I'm aware only of some fancy _beg/_end sections and a bunch
of stuff from DMC runtime, mostly FP math things.

>> Yeah, I understand how it could be frustrating, but once you are on
>> this kind of level you usually already running circles around all of
>> this stuff.
>> That being said the info won't hurt of course.
>

> I guess I'm not at your majesty's High Level yet? Thanks for being so
> helpful.
No problem. I meant actually low level. Like "down to hardware/OS" so
it's rather the opposite ;)
It's not like I've asserted yours or mine levels at anything in
particular at all.
(that 'you' in my paragraph above should have probably been 'one' i.e.
'once one on this kind of level...')

--
Dmitry Olshansky