How do I submit documentation...

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 10:33:31 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 24 June 2012 at 01:30:14 UTC, Chad J wrote:

> No way it is that easy.  My situation called for this:
>
> src/web
> src/phobos
> src/druntime

I was and am not in Linux to look at my setup so I may have
gotten the names wrong but I know I don't have them start with
src/ (hmmm, maybe it has changed). The name for phobos didn't
matter since that is where you build from, and the make file did
mention d-programming-language.org as a directory so I just
assumed. web I'm pretty sure is created by building the docs, and
I completely forgot to mention druntime.

> dmd
> linux/bin64/dmd -> ../../dmd/src/dmd
> linux/bin64/dmd.conf  (Copy this from a released zip file.)
> linux/lib64/libphobos2.a ->
>   ../../src/phobos/generated/linux/debug/32/libphobos2.a
> linux/lib64/libdruntime.a ->
>   ../../src/druntime/lib/libdruntime.a
>
> dmd.conf may need editing.

This was all hidden under the "you'll have to convince your
environment to use the one you build though" I created a bash
file to call DMD providing the proper libraries. I've had issues
with it though, but hopefully I've convinced it to stop grabbing
the system libraries I have installed.

This really isn't a problem with the repositories though. The
setup is pretty simple, but ld will be looking in your system
libraries first and the repositories cannot mess with your
environment.