Arbitrary abbreviations in phobos considered ridiculous

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Mar 8 17:30:19 PST 2012

"deadalnix" <deadalnix at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:jjbcok$2pm9$1 at digitalmars.com...

> BTW, I'm not aware of any successful recent language using a lot of
> abbreviations in its standard lib. That is not a proof, but definitively
> should be looked at.

I interpret that as a trend of "If you *can* do something [use
non-abbreviated symbol names], you *should*." Just like games industry: They
*can* use smaller text now that TVs have higher resolutions, so now they
*insist* on making all their text as tiny as possible just because they can.
(Never mind the pesky fact that tiny text in a higher resolution is *STILL
TINY TEXT!* Erm, ok, ranty side-track over...)