Breaking backwards compatiblity

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 06:34:48 PST 2012

On Saturday, 10 March 2012 at 06:53:49 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Really? D is a stable language as of this moment? Interesting.

Yeah, it is. It removes restrictions or sometimes adds stuff,
but over this last year, not much of the language has actually
broke.

I have a lot of D code, some of it rather fancy, and I can't
actually think of a place where a *language* change broke it.

Library changes break it almost every other release, but language
changes tend to be ok. There's regressions every so often,
but they aren't bad.

> You mean Windows 3.1.

You're insane! D rox my sox right off my cox and has
for a long time, and it has been getting pretty
consistently better.