Breaking backwards compatiblity

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Mar 10 11:52:47 PST 2012

On Saturday, March 10, 2012 11:49:22 H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Yikes. That would *not* sit well with me. Before my last upgrade, my PC
> was at least 10 years old. (And the upgrade before that was at least 5
> years prior.) Last year I finally replaced my 10 y.o. PC with a brand
> new AMD hexacore system. The plan being to not upgrade for at least the
> next 10 years, preferably more. :-)

LOL. I'm the complete opposite. I seem to end up upgrading my computer every 2
or 3 years. I wouldn't be able to stand being on an older computer that long.
I'm constantly annoyed by how slow my computer is no matter how new it is. Of
course, I do tend to stress my machine quite a lot by having a ton of stuff
open all the time and doing CPU-intensive stuff like transcoding video, and how
you use your computer is a definite factor in how much value there is in
upgrading.

- Jonathan M Davis