Multiple return values...

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 06:23:00 PDT 2012

On 11 March 2012 14:56, Timon Gehr <timon.gehr at gmx.ch> wrote:

> On 03/11/2012 12:50 PM, Manu wrote:
>
>> Nobody has acknowledged
>> or disputed the majority of my points :/
>>

> I agree with the majority of your points.

Cool, well that's encouraging :)
I can't really argue the implementation details, all I can do is assert
criteria/requirements as I see them.

So what was the perceived issue with the pull request you mentioned in an
earlier post? I presume it only implemented the syntax, and not the ABI
bits?

On 11 March 2012 15:08, David Nadlinger <see at klickverbot.at> wrote:

> On Sunday, 11 March 2012 at 03:04:38 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>
>> This analogy is tenuous for D because functions are defined to return one
>> type, e.g. typeof(fun(args)) is defined. Once we get into disallowing that
>> for certain functions, we're looking at major language changes for little
>> benefit.
>>

> TypeTuple!(ReturnType1, ReturnType2)?

Right, well I'm glad I'm not the only one :)
I figured this must have some important implication that I totally missed...