Arbitrary abbreviations in phobos considered ridiculous

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 04:37:34 PDT 2012

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:50:38 -0400, Era Scarecrow <rtcvb32 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>   Let's assume you make a site for power users, those who want to buy
> computer parts and books and related stuff like that. Now if you require
> JS to have it run, and all the power users refuse to use JS, you've just
> killed all your customers. a 6 Million customers with orders which could
> get hundreds of millions of dollars, lost because a non-JS wasn't
> offered. Don't know about you, but 6 millions people could make or break
> your business (Just my opinion).

All the arguments that say you shouldn't require javascript seem to center
around some estimated (and frankly, wildly exaggerated) number of people
who have disabled javascript *and* won't turn it on to use a specific
site.  It seems you all have ignored or discredited the data I quoted
which is *actual measured data*.

If we can't agree on facts, it seems we can't really have a rational
argument, so I'll respectfully step away from this.

-Steve