Dynamic language

bls bizprac at orange.fr
Tue Mar 13 03:38:44 PDT 2012

On 03/15/2012 12:09 AM, so wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Not related to D but this is a community which i can find at least a few
> objective person. I want to invest some "quality" time on a dynamic
> language but i am not sure which one. Would you please suggest one?
>
> To give you an idea what i am after:
> Of all one-liners i have heard only one gets me.
> "The programmable programming language". Is it true? If so Lisp will be
> my first choice.
>
> Thanks.

Why not having both D and Lisp (embedded).
Have a look at newLisp at http://www.newlisp.org

newLISP can be compiled as a shared library. On Linux, BSDs and other
Unix flavors the library is called newlisp.so. On Windows it is called
newlisp.dll and newlisp.dylib on Mac OS X. A newLISP shared library is
used like any other shared library.

The main function to import is newlispEvalStr. Like eval-string, this
function takes a string containing a newLISP expression and stores the
result in a string address. The result can be retrieved using
get-string. The returned string is formatted like output from a
command-line session. It contains terminating line-feed characters, but
but not the prompt string.
End Quote

Would be interesting to implement a toSExpression() template than ... :)