std.simd

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:49:19 PDT 2012

On 16 March 2012 00:14, F i L <witte2008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do the simd functions have fallback functionally for unsupported hardware?
> Is that planned? Or is that something I'd be writing into my own Vector
> structures?

I am thinking more and more that it'll have fallback for unsupported
hardware (since the same code will need to run for CTFE), but as well just
pipe unsupported platforms through that code.
But it probably won't be as efficient as possible for those platforms, so
the jury is still out. It might be better to encourage them to do it
properly.

> Also, I noticed Phobos now includes a "etc" library, do you have plans to
> eventually make a general purpose higher-level Linear systems library in
> that?

I don't plan to. If I end out using one in my personal code, I'll share it
though.