Dynamic language

Derek Parnell ddparnell at bigpond.com
Thu Mar 15 15:44:51 PDT 2012

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:09:37 +1100, so <so at so.so> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Not related to D but this is a community which i can find at least a few
> objective person. I want to invest some "quality" time on a dynamic
> language but i am not sure which one. Would you please suggest one?
>
> To give you an idea what i am after:
> Of all one-liners i have heard only one gets me.
> "The programmable programming language". Is it true? If so Lisp will be
> my first choice.

I'm not so objective, but don't let that dissuade you.

For a programmable language, you might want to look at Forth. I use it as
an embedded scripting language in a couple of my programs.

For a language that has built-in static types and built-in dynamic types,
you might want to check out the Euphoria language at
http://www.openeuphoria.org  and also as a web language:
http://openeuphoria.org/forum/117802.wc?last_id=117805

--
Derek