Dynamic language

Danni Coy danni.coy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 22:34:51 PDT 2012

I mostly do game scripting -- and there are quite a few features in D that
I would like access to.

Python would be my goto dynamic language mostly because a lot of the
applications I use are either partially written in it or can be scripted
easily using it. Also it is quite an enjoyable language to use when
performance isn't your primary concern. It escapes back to C quite
efficiently though which I think is one of the main reasons it is so widely
used.

I also like Perl (though I haven't actually needed to use it for many years
now) for it's expressiveness.

The other dynamic language I would concider quite useful is javascript and
not just for web.

That being said I generally choose the task first and the language second.
D is perhaps the second time I have learned a language for the fun of it.