Array ops give sharing violation under Windows 7 64 bit?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Mar 24 13:49:52 PDT 2012

On 3/24/2012 12:40 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> If it still fails with the delay, you can probably find out (for whatever
> help it might be) what process is holding the file open by adding a pause
> right after running "test". Then before "Press[ing] a key" as it suggests,
> run SysInternal's Process Explorer to see who has the file open. My guess
> would be some basic Windows system process, but who knows.

It's looking more and more like I cannot migrate to Windows 7. First off, I
cannot run any 16 bit code. Second, I cannot run the D test suite.

Bleh.

I'm glad I decided to do Win7 on a separate box rather than "upgrade" my XP box.
What a disaster that would have been.

(More info: it isn't core.cpuid, that just increases the likelihood of the
failure. Also, looking at the process list when doing a PAUSE shows no new
processes, but it still fails.)