Alternative /hipster/ syntaxes for D

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 03:51:17 PDT 2012

Le 29/03/2012 11:47, ezdiy a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> D syntax being C-ish one is great for oldschool class of programmers
> coming C/C++/Java/C# backgrounds, and although it's quite conscise one
> compared to, eg. javas, it's still much on the overly verbose side for
> some people (ie. at least for me :)
>
> The question is, how one would go around to successfully implement an
> alternative modern syntax to "fix" this. Are there some attempts out there?

This isn't a problem. Compare how successful
C/C++/Java/C#/PHP/Javascript/Go/Objective-C/ActionScript are compared to
languages with « quite concise » syntax. This is a no match.

This style has proven to be readable, convenient and many programmers
are used to it. If you want to change that, you don't only need to prove
that another syntax is better, but also that it is THAT MUCH BETTER that
changing what everybody is used worth it. This sounds difficult to me.