nginx reverse proxy for vibe tutorial

James Miller james at aatch.net
Sun May 6 15:32:14 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 6 May 2012 at 13:47:27 UTC, David wrote:

>>> why not doing:
>>>

>>> root /path/to/static
>>>
>>> location / {
>>> try_files $uri @app_proxy
>>> }
>>>
>>> location @app_proxy {
>>> }
>>
>> I tried that, nginx complained endlessly about it. I'm not
>> sure why and
>> I would prefer to use that version.
>>
>> Also, I need to make an adjustment to my configuration, the
>> $body_bytes_sent doesn't work the way I thought, so you
>> actually need to do
>>
>> server {
>> proxy_set_body $request_body;
>> // Remove proxy_set_header Content-length... line
>> }
> Well this works perfectly for me (not with vibe, with gunicorn)

I thought it should work, and I'm probably missing something, but
here:

nginx: [emerg] "proxy_pass" cannot have URI part in location
given by regular expression, or inside named location, or inside
"if" statement, or inside "limit_except" block in
/etc/nginx/conf/nginx.conf:87
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/conf/nginx.conf test failed

Thats what I get at the "Checking configuration stage".

For the record, using a named section works perfectly for my php
configuration section, so I'm wondering if its something to with
proxy_pass?

--
James Miller