Why typedef's shouldn't have been removed :(

Francois Chabot francois.chabot.dev at gmail.com
Mon May 7 12:51:23 PDT 2012

On Monday, 7 May 2012 at 19:29:26 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> Seriously though, I get what you are saying.  Fortunately, we
> have a very significant team working on phobos (I think more
> than a dozen people have commit rights), so the situation for
> "grr... phobos really should do *this*, but I can't get phobos
> changed" can be pretty readily resolved.  Github and pull
> requests have made this incredibly easy.  I've looked at some
> pull requests that were dead simple, verified it in a matter of
> minutes, and click one button to pull it.  Even when I have no
> experience in the related modules.  Brad Roberts (and I think
> Daniel Murphy?) have set up an awesome testing system that
> automatically verifies pull requests on all the supported
> platforms using the latest from git.  See here:
>
> http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/pulls.ghtml
>
> The chances of your pull request being validated and pulled --
> if it makes a good improvement to phobos -- are much much
> higher than they used to be.
>
> -Steve

Whoa! that auto-tester is pretty sharp!

I've actually been wondering about this. I recently ran into a
bug in Phobos, quickly tacked that there was an issue for it,
made an easy fix, submitted a pull request and commented on the
bug. All tests in the above page are coming out green, so I guess
I've got that going for it.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/557

Is there some additional communication channel I need to notify
for someone to have a look at it and at least comment on any
errors/mistakes? Or am I pretty much stuck to wait for whoever is
in charge of that module to run into it?