What library functionality would you most like to see in D?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu May 10 11:38:27 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:49:08AM -0700, Sean Kelly wrote:
> On Jul 30, 2011, at 10:27 PM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>
> > I think that it would be useful to query the community for what
> > piece of library functionality they don't currently have in D and
> > would most like to see. [...] But what other major functionality do
> > you miss in D that other languages' that you use have available in
> > their libraries?
[...]

I don't know if this can be considered "major functionality", but I
would be really really happy if there was a high-quality linear algebra
library available for D. Or at the very least, a generic matrix/vector
algebra module that can interoperate with more targeted libraries
(something along the lines of Blitz++ in C++).

> I can't say that these exist in other standard libraries either, but I
> want:
>
> 1. A high-performance sockets API.
> 2. A robust logging tool (ie. Boost.Log).

I thought std.log is in the queue? Or is it not powerful enough for what
you need?

"I suspect the best way to deal with procrastination is to put off the
procrastination itself until later. I've been meaning to try this, but
haven't gotten around to it yet. " -- swr