GDMD

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu May 10 12:18:32 PDT 2012

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 05:42:22PM +0100, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 9 May 2012 17:35, H. S. Teoh <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:
> >> >

> >> It's the latest in Debian, but as already said - outrageously
> >> outdated from the current development branch.
> > [...]
> >
> > I see. Is there anything that I can help with? I do have upload
> > privileges to the Debian queue. I don't know if I'd be stepping on
> > the toes of the GCC maintainers though (I assume gdc would be under
> > their umbrella?).
> >

> Not at all - infact, I've had Matthias informing me every step of the
> way where GCC has got to (a gentle hint that I'm being chased to
> update the build package).

Sorry I didn't quite understand you, so it's OK for me to upload gdc
independently of the GCC team then?

> If you need his details, I'd be happy to pass them onto you and give
> you a rundown of how the 4.6 debian build is structured - the package
> in debian will float down to ubuntu in due course over the next
> release.
[...]

I'd like to know how to build the latest gdc from source, even if just
for my personal use (I just ran into a nasty 64-bit bug in dmd, but my
current outdated version of gdc doesn't support the new std.regex which
I need, so I'm stuck). I can also upload the package if that would help
move things along on this front.

Thanks for all your work on gdc!!

"Holy war is an oxymoron." -- Lazarus Long