Growing pains

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 13:56:01 PDT 2012

On Monday, 14 May 2012 at 20:23:25 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> I swear MySQL can handle 168K records at once.

  I wonder why it can't just go on a queue that gives you some 30
seconds before timing out and giving you an error message?

  It makes me wonder if distributed computing could come to the
rescue. I can volunteer a VM or MySQL server from my computer if
need be; If you did that you'd probably distribute out say older
archived data (everything from 2011 and before); since if you did
that you could distribute it to as many alternate servers as you
want. Course if it's all the 2012's present data that is giving
us the problem, then it wouldn't help by much :P

  I think I can also set up access to a MySql server on a public
website that could be used as well, or get web service for about
$1 for a year. It's an option...