Is dsource .org completely deserted?

Jens Mueller jens.k.mueller at gmx.de
Tue May 15 03:39:59 PDT 2012

Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
> I agree. That way it will become more apparent what really needs to be
> written for D. Currently there "appears" to be a lot of stuff written for
> D, when there's not more, then just a few.
> Also, I think there should be a strict division of D1 and D2 projects
> (where projects, supporting both would appear in both categories).
> For instance, there's the DDL library for custom dynamic libraries in D,
> but it' D1 only, making it completely useless for the vast majority of D
> programmers.

I also dislike the current situation. Having no good central repository
hurts the D's future. Of course once a package manager is finished this
will be less of an issue as this will be the place to look for software
in D. Hopefully, Jacob can finish it soon.
In the mean time an option is to place a "Software in D" section on the
title page linking to dsource.org (with some comment), but also link to
Github via
https://github.com/search?q=language:D&repo=&langOverride=&start_value=1&type=Everything&language=
Possibly, bitbucket should be added as well.

Jens

PS
I have written a run-time library loader that works with Deimos but I
don't know where to place it. I assume people will more often find the
one on dsource.org.
http://jkm.github.com/ddl/ddl.html