D dropped in favour of C# for PSP emulator

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Sat May 19 00:30:15 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 19 May 2012 at 01:33:55 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Friday, 18 May 2012 at 16:59:41 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>> So just starting up the IDE is more important than actually
>> writing code or fixing bugs?...
>
> I'd like to see you do those things without starting your IDE.
>
>> Seriously, I'm never going to understand you "editor" people..
>
> My oversimplification of it is, IDEs like the fundamental
> component of writing software. A text editor. Sure it has this
> text insertion thing, but it just looks like they forgot about
> it.

  I'll have to agree. You can skip the editor entirely and use
nothing but cat, or Joe but I personally have not; I make too
many mistakes on a single pass usually.

  Having a good base working environment that is both easy to use,
and combines everything you need in one spot is actually quite
crucial; and this does include an editor which may (hopefully) be
part of an IDE. True I can probably do all the C/C++/D
programming I want in notepad++, but doing all the extra work
manually or only being able to rely on the language reference
without any intellisense or something does leave a bit of a
problem.

  The biggest deterrent to using D/D2 up to now was lacking a good
debugger. With VisualD around I have just enough in the VS IDE to
write and use my own code; True it has a lot of work to be done
on it, but It's usable.  An improved IDE and debugger later will
greatly speed up not only bug fixing but programming in general
using D.