D dropped in favour of C# for PSP emulator

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com
Wed May 30 08:02:14 PDT 2012

On 19/05/2012 02:33, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Friday, 18 May 2012 at 16:59:41 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>> So just starting up the IDE is more important than actually writing
>> code or fixing bugs?...
>
> I'd like to see you do those things without starting your IDE.

Oh yeah, I'd like to see you do those things using just one hand. Or
with your eyes closed!...

...do you understand why I made that satire above?
Yes, my productivity would take a huge hit if I didn't have an IDE.
Coding without an IDE for me is like coding with just one hand, or
something like that. But why would I code without an IDE? I see no point
in adding such restrictions to my development activity, I am not the
kind of software developer that sees value in artificial limitations to
show off your hacksmanship or mad coding skillz (hey, I'm editing inodes
by hand...   ...WITH MAGNETS!!!)
If you are such a developer, if you like tricks and artificial
challenges, then that's fine, let's just call it a difference in goals.
But my main goal and interest in software development is to produce high
quality software in the most efficient way.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer