D dropped in favour of C# for PSP emulator

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sat May 19 13:42:04 PDT 2012

On 18 May 2012 19:59, Bruno Medeiros <brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/05/2012 01:00, Timon Gehr wrote:
>
>> some essential properties:
>> - starts up instantaneously

>  some 'nice to have' properties:
>> - code analysis based code completion
>>
> > - integrated debugger
>
> So just starting up the IDE is more important than actually writing code
> or fixing bugs?...
>
> Seriously, I'm never going to understand you "editor" people..

No, writing code and fixing bugs is more important than sitting around and
operating your computer.
I can hit F7 or F5 way faster than I can type a full line of some command
on the shell. I can tap tab and instantly complete typing the crap I waste
time typing repeatedly (typing almost all identifiers become just 1 or 2
key strokes). I can hit ctrl-space and have the documentation for a
function appear INSTANTLY much faster than I can swap out and refer to some
reference manual. I can step and debug and inspect the value of variables,
deep in structures containing a heap of indirection way faster than I can
operate GDB.
I will seriously never understand anyone who will try and honestly say
typing shit on a command line, feeding commands to GDB manually, and
looking up references in some external manual can possibly be faster...
under ANY circumstances... ever.