synchronized (this[.classinfo]) in druntime and phobos

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu May 31 01:01:12 PDT 2012

On 5/30/12 11:47 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-05-30 21:10, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>
>> I see how these can be annoying, but they're not the result of us not
>> designing things. We designed things best we could.
>
> I would say it's not good enough. The whole approach of designing the
> language is wrong.

I understand how frustrating this is. In fact even the way you consider
"good" is not nearly good enough. What we need is really more
formalization of the language design, something that we're sorely
missing. I am sometimes frustrated out of my mind at the lack of rigor
and discipline in the process. On the other hand, we march with the
troops we have.

Andrei