A little Py Vs C++

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Nov 2 10:22:03 PDT 2012

On 11/2/2012 2:01 AM, Jens Mueller wrote:
 > I had the same thought when reading this. Very disappointing. An issue
 > with zero votes is fixed instead of more important ones.

It's a very fair question.

Manu works for Remedy Games, a developer of hit PC games, such as Max Payne and
Alan Wake. He champions a team that is investigating committing to D for a major
new game. This would be a huge design win for D, and an enormous boost for D. I
view the most effective use of my time at the moment is to ensure that they can
bet on D and win. Remedy's use of D for a high profile product will prove that D
is ready and able for the big time, and that others can develop using D with
confidence.

Nearly all of what he needs the D community needs anyway, such as the big push
for Win64 support and the SIMD support (more on that in another post).