A simple question

Jesse Phillips Jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 14:43:21 PST 2012

On Thursday, 15 November 2012 at 21:25:03 UTC, Stugol wrote:
> When I post on these forums to ask for new features (e.g.
> iterators), you say that you won't be adding any new features
> at the moment, and that you are instead concentrating on making
> the language stable and usable.
>
> However, when I post on these forums to ask for bugs to be
> fixed (e.g. the defective MODULE keyword, or the linker not
> supporting spaces in paths), you say that's not going to happen
> anytime soon.
>
> So what the fuck's the point? D is a great language, and I
> really want to use it, but it doesn't work. And when I post
> here about its flaws and limitations, I get flamed.

This forum isn't a bug tracking system. It is for discussion, in
relation to bugs that means identifying it it really is a bug and
deciding on the priority of that bug over other goals. To say
that being told you won't see it any times soon is "flaming" is
exaggeration.

If you have a real example of flames then please do bring that
forward, but there isn't much the community will be able to do
about it.

There is a lot of issues in D, selection isn't always objective
and direction isn't well documented at this point. Many times it
can seem a voice isn't being heard and suddenly its taken care of.

Really you just need to convince one person it is of priority,
that person will need the skill/initiative to implement it and
submit the changes, and maybe that person is yourself. Luckily
that list of people is growing and not shrinking.